Sunday, January 24, 2010

remembering :)

this is my dog, Cali. He went to heaven on September 14, 2009 at the age of 6. (He would have turned 7 on October 3rd!!) Not a day goes by that I don't think about him, but when I used to think about it, I would cry. It broke my heart into a million pieces. Now when I think of him, I laugh because I'm finally at peace. Most people don't understand how someone can get so attached to a dog, but this dog was special. he was my best friend. it sounds dumb, but i don't care. Cali (yes, he's a boy. I named him when i was young and stupid!) was always there for me when I needed someone. He was the only person I could go and cry to when I just wanted someone to listen to me. Of course we all know dogs can't talk back, so that made it easier too. But he listened. and i could just lay and cuddle with him for hours, take him on long walks all around my neighborhood, and he slept by me every night. when Cali died, i didn't ever want another dog again. I told my parents they would have to wait til I moved out if they ever wanted another one. then on new years eve, i went to a church with my friends and went to the new years eve service. it was then that i realized i didn't have to cry anymore, Cali wanted me to be happy. I still cry sometimes, but only cause I just miss him. But now, we have a new member to our family.

this is Charlie. yep, charlie brown. cute huh? :) yeah he's alright. haha jusst kidding, he's an angel. seriously, he saved us. though he poops on the floor everyday and he barks at squirrels in the back yard, he's awesome. and he's a real sweetheart too. some of the things he does reminds me of cali, but he's deffinetly his own puppy. he has his own... unique.. personality. and i love him dearly. he likes to bite anything in the general vecinity of his face, and sometimes i think he's deaf, but i can't stay mad at him for more than 5 seconds cause he's just so darn cute! and he will sit in my lap for hours and watch movies with me. he barks at the most random things. thought i'd add a littttle video haha :)



well i love him and his craziness. and i still love Cali. Sometimes i'd like to think Cali was reincarnated into Charlie. ha but that's crazy! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment