Sunday, August 8, 2010

at the end of april, i was at an all time high in my walk with God. then, all of a sudden, something that was so dear to me was snatched away and i feel as in my faith has been slowly drifting away. (disclaimer: don't read to far into that. it's not what you think.) i used to get so excited to go to youth group and worship God for a long time, i never wanted worship to end. but now, i've began to second guess even going to youth group. sometimes, i get my things and leave & then come back near the end, for stephen's sermon. i can't focus during worship anymore. i try. i try so hard. but i just can't. recently, i've been doing things i know i shouldn't. again, don't read too far into that. but, i know the things i do are wrong, but i keep doing them. i do things against my God, and don't even think twice. why am i doing this to myself? i know i'm young, and teenagers make mistakes. but i don't want a mistake to ruin my life. i want to be close to God again. i want to feel him moving in my heart again. i want to feel him working in my life again. why did it go away? why can't i happily praise my God anymore? i don't know what's wrong with me. i just want things to go back to the way they used to be.
ps. so sorry this is so scrambled and negative. had to get it out.

2 comments:

  1. i loved reading this. not because of the fact that you have this burden, but because i can tell that it came straight from your heart. i'll be praying for you, my dear missy, and i hope that you will find your way back to longing for and loving worship. i love you very dearly, and we need to get together before i leave for school. it's a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you're going through babe, and i know how badly it sucks. but this season is when your hope and faith in God will be refined, because this is when you have to fight for it. If you want to talk more about it sometime, I'd be happy to oblige :)

    ReplyDelete